The Holy Rosary
The Holy Rosary is prayed at 6:30pm — before the evening Mass—during the week and on Sundays. On Saturdays, it is said after the 8am Mass. The Rosary is led by individual members of the Roses of the Living Rosary.
The Holy Rosary Family is a prayer community made up of “Rosary Roses”, each of which consists of 20 individuals. Each member of this community prays at least one mystery of the Rosary daily. In our parish 60 “Roses” (i.e. 1200 people) pray in this fashion. The Rosary is prayed in the church every morning and before the evening Mass. On the first Sunday of the month at 7:30 in the morning, the Mysteries are exchanged and members receivePapal prayer intentions for the coming month. Our Parish Rosary Family was begun in 1981 by a group of parishioners who met in private homes under the direction of Sr. Alice Kwiecień to pray the Rosary. As interest grew, the formal structure of the Rosary family was adopted in 1986 and an executive committee was elected. For three years the chair was Mr. Janusz Stolarz. Subsequently, the Living Rosary was led by Mr. Emil Olszewski, Mrs. Jadwiga Chudolinska, and most recently by Mr. Jan Prymicz.
The responsibilities of the participants of the Living Rosary include:
- praying a decade of the Rosary daily,
- participating in monthly exchanges of the Mysteries,
- receiving the Holy Sacraments regularly,
- and participating in monthly processions to the Rosary Garden from May to October.
- In addition, members promulgate the Cult of Mary through living example and apostolic works, and bravely defend the faith and the Church following the example of St. Dominic.
For more information, please contact Fr. Błażejak or J. Prymicz, (905) 803-0699.